6.1.5.03 Noxious Weeds
(A) As provided for in Sec. 66.0407(1), Wis. Stats., the Town shall require that all noxious weeds shall be destroyed prior to the time in which such plants would mature to the bloom or flower state.
(B) The growth of noxious weeds in excess of eight (8) inches in height from the ground surface shall be prohibited within the Town corporate limits.
(C) Noxious weeds, as defined in this Section shall include the following:
(1) Cirsium Arvense (Canada Thistle)
(2) Euphorbia esula (Leafy Spurge)
(3) Convolvulus arvensis (Creeping Jenny) (Field Bind Weed)
(4) Cirsium vulgaries (Bull thistle)
(5) Lythrum Salicaria (Purple Loosestrife)
(6) Alliaria Petiolata (Garlic Mustard)
(7) Rosa Multiflora (Multiflora Rose)
Click Here for Additional Information on Invasive Species from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
State Law Reference: Sec. 66.0407, Wis. Stats.
INVASIVE SPECIES RESOURCES
Invasive Plants Association of Wisconsin: www.ipaw.org
Midwest Invasive Plant Network: www.mipn.org
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Invasives